Tuesday, October 13, 2009

SIGG Bottles Voluntary Exchange Program



If you are like me, trying your best to improve the environment you (and your children) live in, you might have switched from plastic sippy cups and water bottles to stainless reusable bottles. Congratulations!
I bought my first child a SIGG bottle in 2007. I found them more fun than the Klean Kanteen ones. For my second child, I did not even use a sippy cup, I purchased a SIGG bottle for water. I also bought myself and my husband one, all of them before 2008.
I was therefore a little bit taken by surprise to read about the whole BPA issue in the SIGG bottles...
A friend of mine got an email from her children daycare about it a few weeks ago. I read about the issue online (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/steve-wasik/sigg-ceo-im-sorry_b_278291.html) and even if there were only limited traces of BPA in my children bottles, I figured that I would be stupid not to take advantage of the Free Bottle Voluntary Exchange Program  that SIGG is currently offering. Better safe than sorry....

If you purchased a bottle before 2008, you can either send your old bottle or go to one of their retailers to exchange your old bottle for a brand new one. We just did it at WholeFoods Markets near our house. The exchange lasts until the end of October. For more information on the voluntary exchange, please read http://mysigg.com/bulletin/exchange_program.html

Feel free to email this post to your friends who might be interested in exchanging their bottles.

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea. Ours do have the old lining. I'll be sending them in. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete