Thursday, February 18, 2010

Now Available, Printable Versions of Recipes

The more I cook, the more I look for recipes on the web, the more I get frustrated because most of them are not printable. When I want to make a recipe (that is not printable, that is), I jolt down the ingredients on any (really, any) piece of paper available and then I use it in the kitchen... but most of the time, I come back to my computer to look for additional directions I did not write in the first place. Evidemment!

If I like what I am cooking (le plus souvent) and if I make modifications (très souvent), I write it on this tiny piece of paper...and I leave them behind me until I am able to find the time (presque jamais) to write them in draft mode on my computer. Only I can remember what the few scribbles on the tiny sheet of newspaper are for... and yes, I do admit that if it has been too long, I don't even remember what I made with 3 cups of flour, 2 cups of milk and 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract (sounds yummy, though, n'est-ce-pas?).

Anyway, having a printable version of recipes would not mean that I would not leave my pieces of paper behind... but at least, we'll all remember what they are for. Sure, it would not save trees but it would save my computer (and the path between the kitchen and the computer) from being covered with flour, butter, chocolate, or tomato sauce!! And since my guess is that most of you do the same, all our computers would be better off with a printable version of the recipes. Besides, with printable versions, you won't have any lame excuse not to cook! So, just to make you cook more and avoid computer accidents, most recipes are now printable!... You are welcome! Please, just bear with me as I steadily modify all of them. It will get done eventually! Bonne cuisine!

2 comments:

  1. Haha, c'est drole comme je me reconnais la! Merci!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea. I need to figure out how to do this for my blog

    ReplyDelete